Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bruno meets Dominic and I meet them all

Bruno Mars and his band
Dominic Lucero in Stand by Me
Where do I even begin on this dream?

I'm not exactly sure where it started. The first thing I remember is being in either a house or a business of some kind. The front looked like a store and the back looked like a house. So many a small store with living quarters upstairs or at the back?

I was with a group of people that turned out to be Bruno Mars' band members. This wasn't clear until I heard someone at the front door and went to check. It was Eric, Bruno's brother and drummer, and his little boy. It was absolutely them and directly from pictures and video I've seen of both of them. They entered the building and I said, "Is this Liam?"  Eric smiled proudly and coaxed his little boy to say hello. Liam had no trouble greeting me and I may have talked to him for a minute. You know, typical things you ask a little kid like, "How old are you..." etc. Such a sweet and adorable little kid. When he left, I turned to one of the band guys who was still in the room and said, "Such a cute kid."

I ended up retiring to my quarters and it is obvious to me at this point that I'm touring with the band. In whatever capacity, I was hired on for some reason. Not once in the dream was I working, but I knew I was a member of the crew.

At this point, I run into Dominic who is also touring, but a member of the band...somehow. I think my Bruno and Michael Jackson references got mixed up. Somehow this all made sense which it often does in dreams.

I guess I was brand new to the band and had not quite been given my own quarters yet. The living quarters appeared to be quite tight and small. I spent some time in what appeared to be Dominic's room where I guess I thought I'd be sharing with him. We talked for a bit and I was enjoying his company. Then he left and I figured out that he had given up his room for me. He was now bunking with another member of the band.

I creep out of my room which was the last room at the right end of the hall. Dominic had taken another room which was next door, but kitty-corner to the room I was staying in. So if I was close enough to the doorway of my room, I could hear them talking.

I have no idea what they were talking about, but Dominic and his new roommate were chatting. I became intensely interested in what they were saying, so I stood outside the door ease-dropping.  Apparently his roommate could see me and told me it was okay if I came in. I was embarrassed to be caught, but I did enter.

Immediately Dominic and I pick up our conversation. One of the weirdest parts of this dream? Dominic was a teenager and in high school. I was the same age as him. In reality, we were a decade apart in age. But in the dream we were the same age or only a couple of years difference. We started talking about school and found we had so much in common.

He and his roommate shared a bunk bed and he had the top bunk. I stood there as he sat up in bed and chatted. Of course, we were completely ignoring his roommate by this time.

I don't know where it ended, but that's the last thing I remember.

Okay, so what I find strangest about this dream is that I have seen only one photo of Dominic as a teenager. And he didn't necessarily look like that in this dream. I read something once about dreams and the people in our dreams are from people we've seen. So, could it be that my subconscious melded various images of him together to create teenage Dominic?

I find the Bruno connection less odd as I just watched him perform last night. The randomness of it all is odd. Why did I dream about Liam? Why Eric? And why only Bruno's band members. I think Bruno made an appearance somewhere, but that part isn't as clear as the rest.

Dang nap dreams.

No comments: